"Words without poetry lack passion; words without passion lack persuasion; words without persuasion lack power."

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Exciting Changes and Untraveled Territory

It has been a while since my last post, and within the absence of posts, many changes have taken place in my life. 

I would love to share them with you.

The whirlwind of change began with making one of the toughest choices, perhaps the toughest choice, I've ever made. After months of thought, prayer, and council I made a choice to resign from a job that I held for five years, in order to pursue my education and related tasks. Leaving my job was much tougher than I thought it would be. I loved my job very much, and felt honored to have received the privileges and opportunities I gained over the years- but the struggle came in much more intimate ways then professional. Five years is a long time to spend in a repetitive activity, and within those years I invested deeply into the people I worked with, and the owners of the company. Also, I grew up behind those counters; I became an adult during my time there.

All things considered, the choice made for a tough transition.

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” -Anatole France

 I currently work as a part-time nanny, and also teach dance a few hours a week, but I needed to find another part-time job to make ends meet this semester and next before I graduate in May 2012. So, I spent a week applying at every place I could think of that fit the hours I have available to work. I ended up finding a paid internship that doubles for an upper-division elective for my degree plan, which in turn cleared a little more time in my schedule.

Another change is I am newly serving as the Editor-n-Chief of the Patriot Talon this year. I am beyond excited for this opportunity, and can't wait to see what my staff can do.

I will continue to finish my higher education with expected graduation in May 2012, as I mentioned earlier, and will continue serving as a Young Life leader.

Reflecting on the past couple of weeks already amazes me. A million different emotions flew around in my mind as each choice came to fruition, and still continue to do so. Change is scary and requires hope and trust, and transitions can stretch someone very thin.

It's as though puzzle pieces are clicking together, and much differently than I would have pictured- well, truthfully I couldn't picture anything. I chose, and choose, to take it day by day, fully trusting him as I run this race. I am so excited for all of my new adventures.
Let's do it.

As life quickly unravels, we realize the things we love. We comprehend that melancholy thought and uncertainty actually enhance life with unique flavor, and sometimes this state of mind can be more valuable than a life of clarity. We cling to the constant promises that we trust to be true even if the promise is extremely vague in seasons. We find people need to be loved, and we are the souls to pour it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...