"Words without poetry lack passion; words without passion lack persuasion; words without persuasion lack power."

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm Sorry, But I Just Don't See It.


There was a time in my life that I had such a disconnect concerning how to see spirituality in my very physical, everyday life. I would constantly intellectualize the concept as I sought to remove the wrench in the gears of my mind. I believe humanity is 100 percent physical and all the while 100 percent spiritual. If this is true, there must be some tangible way to see the spiritual while I work my job, attend school, socialize and so on. So, how do I see it?

The outpouring of my thoughts at the time: The infusion of the spiritual life into the physical.

We, the human race, are beings that have the unique possibility of containing the tantalizing spirit of God deep inside the crevices of our souls.
The spirit is of the God of the bible who created the earth, flooded the earth and restored it, who rescued the courageous trio from the fiery furnace, who sacrificed his son to save his people, and who will return to redeem them once and for all.
Whoever possesses this spirit has potential beyond anything in the material world. God uses his creation to display His beauty and perfection, and his creation includes humanity. Unique to all of His creation, humanity is the climax of his beloved masterpiece.
The concept of combining the spiritual with the physical is better comprehended when we realize the manifestations of the spirit of God in our lives; the fruit of our relationship with God- are tangible avenues of the spiritual within the physical.


I came to realize beauty and good conduct in our lives according to his word IS the spiritual. We could not exercise these things without the spirit of God within us, or simply God's grace on this world.

"Humans are amphibians - half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time. " - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...